Subscribe:

1.19.2012

My humbly biased opinion

I know, the evaluation posts were biased towards my view, so tell me what you disagree with and start a debate! Thats my opinion, what is yours? These are the GOP candidates, I will eventually post one about Obama also and finally will endorse a GOP candidate and also a presidential nominee. Of course I will have an explanation, so stay tuned for that, will be interesting to see how these primaries play out. Also if you noticed that I had more detail in some evaluation, I purposely got the information only from the candidates website just to show the amount of information, and the quality, each candidate puts up. My description hopefully reflects that, if not let me know and I will revise! I will say as of now how I will rank the candidates. 4. Ron Paul (never) 3. Newt Gingrich 2. Mitt Romney 1. Rick Santorum. Not the official candidate pick, but as for now that is how I see them. Give me your feedback on the evaluations and keep checking the blog for responses! (I will most likely actively respond to almost all comments)

8 comments:

  1. As of the second half of the South Carolina debate (I did not watch the first half) Mitt Romney's answers consisted only of "Beat Obama" and "I agree with what (insert other candidate's name)." He never answered anything on his own terms or anything with substance, and Santorum, Gingrich and Paul all gave substantially well thought answers and yet Romney is still the favorite to win. Oh well. I cannot wait to see the numbers. My preference would be for in republican nominee 1. Santorum Tied for second Gingrich and Paul (It is a matter of Experience or Passion to be President I have to sort out) 4. Write in Candidate 5. Romney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mitt Romney. I believe we should beat Obama. How should we do it? simple! two people hold him down while others beat him with fists and kicks and other blunt objects.
    no seriousness intended

    ReplyDelete
  3. Newt gave a heated comment towards CNN at the beginning in regards to the ex-wife bit abc news released. Aside from that when the same party members are debating, there does tend to be a level of agreement in more than half of the topics with different add-ins. He touched on several issues that he gave his own stance on throughout the debate such as 3 things he would do in terms of the economy specifically and about healthcare just to give a couple of examples (those were at the beginning though). Ron Paul was getting unfairly pushed aside that whole debate, but that is what media does, they focus on the popular candidates. For awhile it was between Newt and Romney, then Santorum got involved heavily also. Like I said though, Ron Paul is a little extreme with some of his views and he would not make a good president, for one you could say goodbye to foreign relations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grayson -> For Mitt Romney: His healthcare policies in Massachusetts are no doubt a serious downside to Romney. In light of state finances, at the beginning of his tenure, he came into a deficit of about $3.5 billion and came out in 2004 and 2005 with $700 and $500 million in surplus by eliminating various loopholes while expanding revenue. The state income tax was decreased as well. While the tax burden did increase across the state, it was still below the national average. Without adding on his healthcare plan, he probably would have came out of being governor leaving a low if any deficit at all in the next year for the following governor.

    Rick Santorum: The constituents with several representatives are at almost an all time low. First off people want things done now, and have no patience for the legislative process. Anything that may go wrong voting wise in the Congress, several people blame their representative when not knowing any details. Constituent ignorance is the number one cause why we have the people in charge that we do. The approval ratings should be the ratings for the people, since they put them there. After all, the people get to choose who is in charge.

    Ron Paul: No matter how many people try to draw a line between the government and the federal reserve, that line just fades away quicker then Obama is spending our money. The Fed is political, but is a privately run system with a very dim line between them and the government. Ending the Fed will not solve a single thing, it will just create a vast amount of different problems, such as controlling inflation. The answer is to audit and reform the system, not destroy it. As for income tax, 45% of the government's revenue is from income tax, next is payroll tax at 36%. You still make more money when you work more, granted there is more taxes taken away, but if this is truly a government by the people, then why should we not being paying are fair dues to, well, ourselves? I will post a separate comment regarding the very necessary EPA and its pivotal role in protecting not only our economy, but ourselves. The Patriot Act, simply put, if you have nothing to hide, why should people be hiding? The Patriot Act simply gives authorities less restrictions in searching phones, emails, etc. when investigating a case that could be related to terrorism. There are still restrictions and judicial processes authorities have to go through when executing searches, there is a line between our private lives and government intrusion. Just because they have the technology to access our daily lives, doesn't mean they do...I believe that would be a state of paranoia if people thought so. As for the TSA, what other agency would be put in charge of air security and airports then? What method would be used to control regulations on airlines? That has not been clearly outlined and saying the TSA is a joke won't fix the problem.

    As of right now, I believe none of the republican nominees are even 75% fit to be president. They all have their pros, but they have pretty big downfalls that would not do any good to this country.

    I will also post my opinion on the EPA later, so watch for that, hopefully later on tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the thing with Romney he is a fraud who goes with whatever someone else says. Obama and Romney could run on the same ticket! Romney has more than in common with Obama as he supports big government, further intervention in other countries, is all for the NDAA and the Patriot Act which restricts the rights of citizens in the name of fear, would start a war but his sons wont serve as they are more important campaigning for him, remember 2008? Romney had a business in which he raked in profits and cost American jobs, Obama would eat him alive on this alone! Romney Care Obama Care is there really a difference? Romney I dont like illeagal immigration unless they are maintaining my property. Some person huh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Santorum --> His anti-birth control comments will scare off a good chunk of moderates, very religiously radical.. definitely the most religious of the candidates, said there are holes in the theory of evolution, etc.. i see him as unelectable

    Newt Gingrich --> A very scary man. His fakeness is almost unmatched, even among politicians. I think people are starting to see that he lacks the charisma and the likability to win the election

    Ron Paul --> could become the crazy uncle at the dinner table in the general election. Racist history? IDK. It doesn't really matter to his base.. entirely unelectable, though intellectually honest, if misguided. definitely not good for the GOP's chances right now

    Mitt Romney --> Doesn't hold a lot of attackable positions because, frankly, he's never really stood strongly for anything. This, sadly, makes him the frontrunner for the GOP nomination, even though his history can only really hurt him. The problem is that a lot of the GOP will not be able to stomach the distasteful compromise that is Romney, and a third party would capture a significant conservative portion of this moderate's votes

    Overall --> I really don't see a strong path for the GOP in the general election. Best case scenario, Romney finishes strong and Ron Paul decides not to run as a third party. But even then, the obama team may very well destroy the already weakening Romney. A second-term president who killed Osama, toppled Gaddafi, and got 40 million americans health care does not go down easy. And.. if the economy keeps recovering like it is, and the unemployment rate drop down like they're saying it will.. could be a landslide

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seb -

    I agree with you on Santorum, he is a very religious valued candidate that will not attract the majority of republicans.

    Ron Paul - I honestly think he belongs in senior care, though is consistency and honesty if exemplary.

    Mitt Romney - one word: inconsistent

    I think overall you are right, the GOP has no strong electable candidate that would do this country a lot of good.

    About Obama, they have been saying the unemployment rate would drop ever since the first stimulus, frankly, half the time it was a dream for them. The sheer amount of spending he has done was absolutely wasteful. His first stimulus severely lacked enough oversight to know where the money was going to and what it was being used for. Anyways, I will post about Obama, being since I made a post for all the GOP candidates, and will state my other opinions regarding his positions, and some I have to say I agree with. Hopefully I will get that up tomorrow or sometime next week, so keep a watch out for that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seb

    What happens when the treasury has to admit it cannot afford the healthcare we are $16 trillion in debt and climbing daily. Two Libya is turning into an Islamic dictatorship yes we back AQ rebels so much for fight the terrorist who attacked us huh. Personally I hope Ron Paul or Johnson, or whoever was the governor of NM, who is running as a Libertarian does take votes from the R party as really with the fools running there is no difference from Obama. Santorum is not liked in PA and is a flip flopper so called christian conservative, which should not even be an issue for office, but is two sided. Gingrich well he has enough lead weight to sink him and Romney is Obama light. Hate to say this get ready for an Obama 2nd Term because God for bid voters actually researched candidates and no I am not saying Ron Paul is the man because the media only highlights certain candidates (any reason all we hear about is Romney?) Go ahead vote for that D or R I will vote on what I believe in AKA third party regardless

    ReplyDelete