Subscribe:

1.22.2012

January 22: Roe v. Wade

January 22 marks the 39th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, a Supreme Court ruling that made abortion legal in this country under the pretenses the women have the right over their body, thus having a right of an unborn fetus/zygote. This is a very strong topic, passionate topic for so many people. What are your stances on abortion and why? Should women have the choice to eliminate a zygote/fetus that they are carrying even though the fetus/zygote has a different set of DNA and at 5 weeks, their heart begins to beat?

1 comment:

  1. I might get hated on a lot here-hopefully people are understanding. First, as a female, I strongly believe in children and their right to live. As a Democrat, and mainly just as a person, I also believe every single person has a choice as to their decisions in life and what decisions they make-whether good or bad for them. That being said, I believe that abortion should be illegal, except in cases of rape or incest. I always thought i was for pro-choice, but thinking more of it and how I feel as a woman and how I would feel IF I was pregnant, I could never imagine terminating my own pregnancy. Whether it was the right time or not or whether I was in high school, I would never do that to my unborn child. That being said, I believe those people who want to have an abortion due to them being too young (in high school) or just not thinking it's the "right" time or the "right" circumstances to have a baby, that's just plain nonsense. If your old enough to participate in sexual activities, your old enough to have a baby and raise it. If you feel your not old enough or qualified to raise it, then give it up for adoption. SO many people want to adopt kids and are willing to have it be the "right" time. So, for those who think abortion should be legalized (except in cases of rape and incest) think before you do, is all I'm saying.

    ReplyDelete